Consultancy: responsible purchasing practices in the fashion industry
We are seeking a consultant with a background as a senior executive in buying/or sourcing within the fashion industry to lead the design and facilitate brand workshops on responsible purchasing, in support of our partnership with Better Buying.
Assistant Strategic Lead
The Assistant Strategic Lead provides support and insight within the relevant category/sector(s) to enable the design, development and implementation of global supply chain programmes and other related initiatives to better protect the rights of workers around the world.
Salary: £28,000 - £38,000 per annum, commensurate with skills and experience.
Strategic Lead: Apparel and Textiles
The Ethical Trading Initiative is an alliance of companies, trade unions and voluntary organisations working in partnership to improve the lives of workers across the globe who make or grow consumer goods. The UK Modern Slavery Act and other legislation is driving business’ to tackle labour rights violations, assess human rights due diligence and provide adequate remediation to workers who are victims of exploitation.
Acre is delighted to be working with ETI to identify an exceptional Strategic Lead for Apparel and Textiles. This person will be an authoritative sector expert, providing leadership to the Apparel and Retail sector to better protect the rights of workers in global supply chains.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and implement impactful global supply chain programmes for the apparel and retail sector
- Work with Country Representatives and local stakeholders to empower in-country ethical trade initiatives and strategy; managing in-country teams where required
- Promote and facilitate tri-partite multi-stakeholder dialogue to develop self-sustaining platforms to improve workers’ rights
- Represent ETI at national and international conferences and events, engaging and influencing governments
- Degree-level education and subject matter expertise in International Labour Standards and human rights
- Experience developing and leading Ethical Trade programmes involving project management, partnerships, grant making and programme development deliverables
- Expertise working with and analysing supply chains in the Global South
- Excellent communication skills and experienced in engaging a diverse range of stakeholders including business, government, trade unions and NGO’s
ETI has positioned itself as a global leader in offering multi-stakeholder and long-term solutions to complex and challenging issues, striving to achieve respect for workers worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to positively influence multiple major business too have a truly positive impact on the lives of workers in the global garment supply chain.
Salary commensurate with skills and experiences. Benefits include 6% pension, 25 days holiday, cycle-to-work scheme, childcare vouchers and interest free travel loan
+44 (0)20 7400 559